Vancouver Injury Information
Common personal injuries from vehicle accidents
When you suffer serious physical disability or mental impairment due to another person’s negligence or irresponsible behavior, Kevin Staples can help you to navigate your legal options. Here are some examples of typical Vancouver injuries for which you should secure the services of a personal injury lawyer:
- Brain injuries can cause memory loss, impaired motor skills, and lifelong pain. The cost of medical care for the victim of a brain injury can be astronomical.
- Neck and back injuries can result from accidents such as auto collisions and slips and falls. If you have a neck or spinal injury, you may experience chronic pain or even paralysis. Victims of these injuries are generally in need of long-term, expensive medical care.
- Broken bones require splints and casts, and in some cases more extensive treatment in the form of surgery or physical therapy may be required.
- Catastrophic injuries—such as a brain injury, spinal cord injury, burn injury or the loss of one or more of your arms or legs—nearly always require expensive medical treatment that may last for the rest of your life.
- Negligence can also result in injuries. Defective products, medical malpractice, prescription errors, and toxic materials can cause chronic health problems that require ongoing medical care.
Vancouver auto accident injury
It is important to take the right steps in pursuing your legal options when you suffer a car accident injury in Vancouver. An experienced Vancouver auto accident lawyer can advise you in minimizing the damage from unintentional missteps, but it is better to prevent mistakes before they happen. Here are some important issues to remember when seeking a settlement for a Vancouver automobile accident injury:
- Do not settle an insurance claim without the advice of an attorney. If you sign anything or give a statement to an insurance agent before consulting an attorney, you may be signing away your rights to adequate compensation.
- Be sure to disclose everything to your attorney, even what may seem like minor details. Your Vancouver injury attorney can tell you which aspects of your case are vital to proving your claim. Disclosing all of the details of an accident also prevents the other person involved from claiming that the accident did not happen the way you say it did.
- Seek prompt medical attention. Postponing medical treatment is hazardous to your health as well as damaging to your accident case. No matter how minor you may believe your injury to be, it is important that you see a doctor as soon as possible. Some medical conditions do not produce symptoms right away and could be deadly. Also, the records kept by your doctor will help support your case in court, and serve as proof that your accident happened as you say it did.
- Follow the treatment recommended by your doctor. If your physician provides you with a course of medical treatment or advises you to take certain steps to assist in your recovery, it is important that you act on all of the recommendations and provide copies of forms and paperwork with your Vancouver injury lawyer. This not only aids in your recovery, but it also helps prevent a defendant from claiming that your injuries are not what you claim them to be.
Contact Kevin Staples for legal help with a personal injury in Vancouver
If you have suffered a Vancouver personal injury due to the negligence of another, whether due to unsafe premises or in a car, motorcycle, truck, or boating accident, you should seek the advice of an experienced lawyer as soon as possible to protect your rights. An attorney can ensure you receive the proper care and treatment for your injuries while working to preserve evidence and make sure that important legal deadlines are not missed. If you have any questions regarding your personal injury claim, do not hesitate to contact Kevin Staples for a free consultation.