Vancouver Auto Accident Lawyer
Vancouver automobile accident attorney Kevin Staples is experienced and familiar with personal injury laws in Washington, and offers legal representation to the victims of vehicle accidents. With how frequent auto accidents are, it is important to be prepared in case you become involved in an accident. As a car accident lawyer in Vancouver, Kevin Staples knows there are several important steps every victim of an accident should follow.
Steps to follow after a car accident
Get medical attention
Go to an emergency room or see your physician immediately if you were physically harmed in an accident. Injuries should receive prompt medical attention. Your medical records and bills will serve as evidence of any compensation you are entitled to receive. Be sure to provide your Vancouver automobile accident lawyer with this documentation.
Stay on the scene
If you are uninjured, is illegal to flee the scene of an accident, even a minor one. Move your vehicle out of the path of traffic, if possible. Do not take or assign any blame for the accident, even if you are just being polite. Wait to speak with your Vancouver injury lawyer before disclosing any information. Statements to other drivers at the scene of an accident may be used against you at a later time.
Collect documentation of the accident to bring your automobile accident lawyer
If the other driver was at fault, is also essential that you collect documentation about your accident and injuries. Your auto accident attorney in Vancouver will use this information to help obtain the best possible settlement for your losses.
Auto accident attorneys in Vancouver recommend this list of information
Below is a list of information you should collect to provide your Vancouver automobile accident lawyer:
- Accident information, including:
- The police report
- Your insurance company name, phone number, and policy number
- Contact information for the people who witnessed the accident
- A list of names and addresses of the other parties involved, including their insurance information
- Photos of the accident scene
- Conditions at the scene, including any obstacles in the roadway that contributed to the accident
- Names and contact information of anyone you talked to about the accident, including police officers and insurance adjustors
- Medical information, including:
- Names of medical facilities where you received treatment
- Names of medical personnel who treated your injuries
- Dates of your medical treatment
- Dates that you missed work due to your injury
- Medical bills and receipts
- Insurance information, including:
- Your homeowners or renters insurance policy information
- Medical and disability insurance policy information
- Copies of all correspondence with insurance companies about the accident or your injuries
- Receipts for anything that you bought or had to be fixed as a result of the accident
Useful Resources from a Vancouver Car Accident Attorney
Our Vancouver car accident attorneys provide the following useful resources:
Consult with experienced Vancouver automobile accident attorneys
Skilled car accident attorneys in Vancouver can advise you regarding your rights and what compensation you are entitled to. In addition, an experienced Vancouver personal injury attorney can help to ensure that your case is handled in a timely manner and can prevent you from making costly mistakes.
If you have been injured due to the negligence of another, whether due to unsafe premises or in a car, motorcycle, truck, or boating accident, you should seek the advice of an experienced lawyer as soon as possible to protect your rights. An attorney can ensure you receive the proper care and treatment for your injuries while working to preserve evidence and make sure that important legal deadlines are not missed. If you have any questions regarding your personal injury claim, do not hesitate to contact Kevin Staples for a free consultation.